Background

Wednesday, September 22, 2010

My Fairytale - Sacrifices, Part 2

It is my opinion that, in general, fairytales paint unrealistic pictures of what life and relationships should be. Nearly every classic Walt Disney movie is a perfect example - Prince Charming comes along at the most opportune moment to sweep his girl off her feet and together they live happily ever after. That sounds great in theory, but we all know it doesn't typically work like that. 




My last post was about the willingness I have to be on bed rest because I know it is the best thing for our babies, even though it's not what I'd choose to do. The post was about how some sacrifices that we make are really more of a blessing and less about lgiving up something. It was about love. 

This particular post is dedicated to my husband....the other person in this house who has been making HUGE sacrifices, out of love, just for ME. Similarly to how I am willing to lay in bed for the majority of the day, Ben has been willing to do everything else. And by everything, I mean EVERYTHING! He works 12 hour shifts at crazy times of the day (and night), and still comes home willing, and seemingly happy, to wait on me! He cooks breakfast, lunch, and dinner and brings my food to me. He sits in the bedroom with me and a TV tray so that we can still eat our meals together.  He cleans the kitchen, washes dishes, sweeps the floors, waters the plants inside and out, does the laundry, takes the dog for walks, cuts the grass, makes sure the garbage gets to the curb, goes grocery shopping, runs errands including those that require him to pick out organizational and decorative accessories so that we (mostly he) can finish the nursery, lets the dog out on mornings he could sleep in, makes runs to the kitchen at all hours of the day and night for crackers when my stomach hurts and ice cream and hot chocolate when I need to satisfy my sweet tooth.  He does it all. And then he still makes sure to tell me how much he loves me and how good of a job I'm doing at being still and carrying these little guys.  He is truly amazing.

While I think fairytales are sweet but silly, I have to admit, my husband has made this time a real life fairytale, and he is my real life Prince Charming.  I'm not sure how I got so lucky; what more could I ask for?  

2 comments:

Lori said...

A true hero, indeed! Sounds like a perk of this bedrest experience is the time you've been able to spend counting your blessings and meditating on God's word. You're inspiring me! :)

Craig and Bethany said...

Sacrifice. It's the sort of thing that makes an indelible mark on our souls. Profoundly changes everything. You two are AMAZING.

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you. Please leave a quick note so I know you stopped by!