Background

Thursday, January 1, 2009

A New Year, A Fresh Start

I just read a friend's post about the hope that a new year brings and it reminded me of something I shared with my husband last night. Without really thinking about why I felt this way, I told Ben that I really love how we have an opportunity to celebrate a new year on an annual basis. On the surface, it sometimes seems like kind of a silly thing - watch some big ball fall from the sky in NYC as you count down till the moment the clock strikes midnight -big deal! I mean, really, we could have a count down each night if we wanted to! But somehow as the clock approaches midnight on December 31st, it's just different. At 12am, we become free! Free to have a fresh start to a brand new year. Free to draw a line, leave the past in the past, and move forward. It's a chance to be reinvigorated, refocused, and renewed. An opportunity to view things from a different perspective, in a new light - a rebirth in a sense. And that's exciting!

Wishing you all a Happy 2009!

4 comments:

Lori said...

Yes! Here's to a freeing 2009!

Craig and Bethany said...

This is why I love routines! Each new cycle is a fresh start in its own way. Little microcosms of hope!

Lori said...

Love your new look and that great picture of you and Ben. Nice to have a new template for a new year, huh? :)

Holly said...

I too like the new pictures! woofer included. I look everyday to see if you wrote something and enjoy seeing pictures. I smile a big smile inside me when I look at you guys. You bring me happiness. I am so lucky and proud of the two of you. Love, Mom Holly

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you. Please leave a quick note so I know you stopped by!