It's 6am. We arrive at the hospital. There's paperwork to finish, questions to answer, three or four different nurses to talk to, heights, weights and measurements to be taken, a bath to give, and waiting to be done. Lots and lots of waiting. After about an hour and a half, we're taken upstairs. Upstairs into the sterile, quiet, cold pre-op room. We sit.... and wait. We've met the surgery nurses and the anesthesiologist. We're just waiting for the doctor to scrub in and give the signal. For now, Kody, in his little tiger hospital gown, is settled safely in daddy's arms.
Amazingly, I'm mostly calm and at peace. Maybe it was the fact that two days prior, the verse I was reading in my study Bible referenced another verse in the book of Genesis right smack in the middle of the story about Jacob wrestling with God. I read the verses nearby to get some context and discovered text about a dislocated hip, hip sockets, and tendons. Sure seemed like more than just an ironic coincidence to me. Of all the things I could've come across in the Bible, I come across a story about a dislocated hip!! While I'm not exactly sure how the story applies to Kody's situation, it still brought me peace. In the meantime, we pray. Pray the everything will go as planned, pray that Kody will be back to us in just a short little while.
And he was. Lots of tears, confusion, and hunger, but he was with us. Daddy was the one to get Kody calmed down.
After 12 hours in the hospital, ALL of us were ready to get back home. It has since been a learning process. And it feels like we're starting over again. Relearning how to hold, feed, and care for a baby who had become somewhat independent.
It's been hard and kind of sad, but when we see this two-toothed smile, we can't help but laugh. And even though it doesn't come around quite as much as it did, it warms your heart every time you do see it.



9 comments:
That poor little guy, I feel so bad for him, I wish I could give him a hug. I sure hope this works for him. It must be tough for all of you.
Love you guys
Grandpa Wayne
I feel so bad for him, I hope everything goes well and he gets out of that cast soon. Give him a hug for us and a big smooch.
Love you all
Great-Grandpa and Great-Grandma
What a TROOPER!! Well, all of you, really. You navigate these rough waters with such grace. You're gonna have two of the toughest little boys around, strong and filled with the grace of their parents. Amazing. You are a sight to behold.
Awwwww hes wearing his onezie I got him in Florida!!! SOOOO CUTE! Glad everything seems to be going good! Miss you guys!
Aunt Jaime
Such a cutie. Kody's smile will sure make you melt and he looks as if nothing bothers him. I'm sure it has been rough for all of you, but your all real troopers. He looks like a happy baby considering all that he has to deal with. Hang in there guys and keep up your spirits. With the 2 little guys, that won't be hard to do. All their growing and learning new things must certainly make you laugh and bring alot of joy to your day!
Mom and grandma Brenda
Awwwww! I feel so bad for him. Probably looks worse than it is for him. But it seems like he is figuring out how to deal with this "thing" he has to wear. Can't be easy to put a diaper or cloths on him. Poor little guy. Hope this does the trick and he dosen't have to wear it very long. Give the guys big hugs and kisses from me. Love and miss you all Auntie Karen
That two-tooth grim will melt your heart. I am sure there are moments when it's tough but he looks like he is learning to deal with it. On the floor playing with brother and hugs from Mom and Dad help no doubt. Something tells me this isn't going to keep him from being a curious little boy. He is starting to look less like a baby and more like a little boy.
Hugs to everyone
Grammy Jean
Rachelle and Ben
Didn't know one of your little guys was having surgery so I will pray for his speedy and full recovery.
Sending positive thoughts and prayers your way.
Patrick Mattson
I just love what you do here to share your world with everyone. The boys are growing up so much and taking on so much personality! Have fun with the process! It's a fun, unique time in your life and in their's. What wonderful, handsome boys...they are so happy and loved! :)
Give both lots of hugs from all the Bitz's
Post a Comment
I would love to hear from you. Please leave a quick note so I know you stopped by!