Background

Sunday, November 21, 2010

The First Few Weeks

If Tanner could narrate these next few photos, I think this is what he would say:

"I used to sleep in the same crib with my brother Kody, very peacefully just like this....
...but one day during my random tantrums, my constantly flailing arms hit my brother in the face. My brother started crying which made me start crying. We both were wailing at the top of our lungs, and it was sort of stressful to our parents, so they decided to separate us. Now we sleep peacefully again, like this.... 

...and I don't have to get in trouble if my arms start flailing. I think my parents made a wise decision!!" 

The interesting thing about birth is that it is the first time you do everything...it's all brand new; the beginning filled with a gazillion first time experiences. 

The very first stroller ride... it was a cool day in early November, and we were itching to get some fresh air. We bundled up the boys and off we went. They are still so small that they both fit side by side in the backseat of the stroller.  They loved the ride and fell asleep almost immediately.

Tanner's first sponge bath at home...there was a lot of screaming going on.
 
So fresh and so clean...he smelled much better too!  

 A nice sunny day in mid-fall calls for a visit to beautiful Manito Park. The boys really enjoy going for rides in the "limo" and it was a perfect way to blast those bilirubins and get rid of the jaundice.

Daddy and the boys...They (the boys) don't quite fit in their clothes yet, but still cute as ever. 

 A very tired mom who just finished feeding two hungry boys. Slowly learning how to handle both at the same time.

 Don't'cha just wanna pinch those little cheeks? His mother does that a lot!

Family Time
 


Exhausted, but still laughing!  

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, what a cute story! You really make words come alive. The boys are still so small and of course adorable. Love the picture of them on Ben's lap, drowning in their clothes! So glad they are getting some nice sunlight to help get rid of that jaundice. You all look like your having fun and enjoying family time. How funny that your lives changed so quickly. One day it's just the 2 of you and now it's all about the 4 of you, plus the furry four-legged gal! Loved all the pictures. I look on your blog just about every day to see if there is any new pictures of my grandsons and what a nice to surprise when I opened this up today!
Love you all.
Mom Brenda aka Grandma Brenda

Daniel and Cerissa said...

So fun!!! I can't believe how much Tanner looks like mommy and Kody like daddy... the bigger they get, the more so! It's a-dor-a-ble. It will be interesting to see how their personalities develop ;)
Have fun, you cute little family!

Lori said...

You're glowing!! Really, you all look so happy despite the exhaustion. I love the bath picture! Happy Thanksgiving, happy family!

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you. Please leave a quick note so I know you stopped by!