Background

Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Wife Licks Plate Clean in Public Restaurant

It's lunch time. Ben says "I've noticed that you definitely have your appetite back."

"Yeah, it's nice to be able feel like I can eat again". I finish crunching the last chip of my second plate of cheese and salsa covered nachos.

It's dinner time. We go out. I order butternut squash ravioli. It comes with a salad and some vegetables. Perfect - there'll be leftovers for the next day's lunch. 20 minutes later, the waitress comes by with a box. She hands it to Ben. My plate is empty. We laugh, knowing that we're both thinking the same thing.

************************************************
Wife Licks Plate Clean in Public Restaurant

Isn't that a great headline? The article would site several quotes from the husband to include:

" Until recently, I never knew I married a complete chow hound", and
" I just didn't think I'd ever see the day when she could eat more than me", and
" She used to pick at her food, and keep it in neat piles while she ate. There would almost always be something left on her plate. I would often finish what she couldn't. But lately, there's not even a driblet of anything leftover!"


It's a lighthearted, humorous story...different from the typical newspaper headline.

**************************************************
Not just a story at this house...it's reality! And so is the last quote. We blame it on the boys and keep on eating.

3 comments:

Craig and Bethany said...

THE BOYS!! I LOVE hearing you call them that. :)

Great post. Wish your paper came to my door each morning. Completely refreshing!

Lori said...

I agree with B! And I'm so glad that you're feeling better and can enjoy food again. :)

Anonymous said...

Rachelle you look wonderful!

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you. Please leave a quick note so I know you stopped by!