Background

Monday, October 27, 2008

Home Improvement Galore

Well this year we have been on a roll with updating our home. Many projects just needed to be done, others we had been wanted to do.

As many of you know, our improvements started in the kitchen with all new Corian countertops - an absolute must due to mice who decided to take up residence behind our cabinetry and in our oven insulation. YUCK!

This was followed a few months later by replacing all of our fascia boards and horizontal siding on the exterior of our home - another must-do project due to swelling wood. Completing this project automatically started another one. All of that pre-primed concrete board can't stay in it's primed state forever. You guessed it - exterior painting was next on the list. Below are before and after photos.

Before















After














Somewhere in between new siding and painting, I decided that our downstairs bathroom should have a more grown up feel so I went to town redoing and redecorating (something I have really come to enjoy). I even got to demo the tile backsplash. New paint, a new mirror, a new light fixture, and a very time consuming countertop and backsplash made of river rocks now adorns one of our bathrooms. I do not have a before photo, but here are a few after photos.

And as if that weren't enough for one year... well that was only July - still five more months to go. We learned that Ben's parents would be visiting us in September. Now, let me tell you all something... when Holly & Dave come to town, it is in your best interest to have a project to work on. No, make that several projects! Those two are project-aholics!! Not only did we tile our downstairs bathroom floor, which was planned, we tiled our upstairs bathroom floor too. And in between the two jobs, we managed to go camping for two nights. Tiling was this year's "would like to do" projects and both bathrooms turned out great.

I think we will be done with big updates for awhile now!

2 comments:

Lori said...

I love the after picture of your bathroom - it looks great! Natalie can't wait to come over and run her hands over the rocks again... :)

Craig and Bethany said...

I totally love the counter tops, Miss Marathon-Home-Improvement-Extraordinaire! Are you our for hire?!

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you. Please leave a quick note so I know you stopped by!